Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Don't Stop in Gary Indiana"


IMG_2837, originally uploaded by Bog Iron Pines.

Was what I was told on my way through Cleveland. I knew immediately where I was going.

And although their were more Adult "bookstores" than I could count on one hand, I never felt impending doom. Gary just seems like a Steel town past it's glory days. The people are still friendly-even though you could pass some parts of the city for the unrepaired sections of New Orleans- and these kids asked me if I was going to put the pictures up on myspace..I told them "sorta, here's my e-mail address if you want I can send them to you". The only piece of paper I had on me was my map, I only slightly regreted that later on the South Side of Chicago, but the kind folks at Taco Bello and McDs gave me good directions. Who needs a GPS?

1 comment: