Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Utah Rob


Utah Rob, originally uploaded by Bog Iron Pines.

Eating breakfast near Heber CIty, a fellow rolled up on a geared up V-stream, checked out my rig and I noticed the usual confusion when he got to my license plate. New Jersey?

He came in and sat down near me and we talked about the trip. I told him I was planning on going up to Salt Lake to see the scooter dealership and he said "Not today". It didn't take long for him to tell me the Mormons are pretty strict about their day without work and after generously paying for my pancakes he he offered his garage and a hand with the oil change.

On the way to the auto-parts store(corporates seemed to stay open), he told me his daughter is about to be married in California and he got a good deal on an Rv so he and his wife could drive over for the wedding. She was just diagnosed with Colon Cancer, but when I met her I thought she was sitting the top of the world from her happy attitude. Have fun at the wedding and I wish you both well!

No comments:

Post a Comment