Monday, July 20, 2009

Today Started Hard, Ended Nice


_MG_4278, originally uploaded by Bog Iron Pines.

I woke up to a beautiful glimpse of a 5 am Nebraskan sunrise. Then I went back to sleep. At 6, came the rain. At seven came the lighting and by 8 It was thankfully drying up. I packed up the scooter, but I was already off my game. Slow and unorganized, it took me more than 30 minutes to head-out and by that time it had started to drizzle again. Weird things happened, I dropped things when I was playing with them, I passed by street signs without knowing what they said, dangerous to have these things happening on the road. Wind, rain, and wide open throttle is not a good combination for discoordination. And then....put put...putt putt. Oh nooo. Scooter! It's sick, wheres the docoter? What? I'm the doctor? Oh noo. Seafoam...that'll do it.

Nope

Darn.

Maybe it was bad gas, trying filling it up again. Crank crank crank crank..... done.. no can do. Clean out the fuel filter. AHA! It starts! Now to put the seat back on, better turn it off when I undo the fuel cap. Crank crank crank... No!

A man comes back in from the gas station, Need some help? Yes, please. He brings me back a fuel filter, no luck. "A friend will be by in a few minutes, he knows small engines" Awesome. "There he is behind you already" Nice.

The older friend starts to fiddle near the carburetor unplugs the hose to the fuel filter and blows it through it. "Here yer go, see what she does".

VrrooOOMmm

Nice. Thank you!

Another man asks me if I need a place to stay. Rob. I heard about thunderstorms coming in tonight. "Sure", I say. He takes me back to his house and I meet his wife, Liz, and his daughter and we go back in the agrage and he shows me his BMW touring/offroad bike. Sweet.

The night goes on, we replace a fuse on the Buddy and we make designs out of reflective airline tape he had. Liz made some lips for my "Kiss my Rebel Ass" sticker I have on the rear. I eat some delicious macaroni cassarol and cucumber and onion salad mix and she lets me use her computer to write this blog.

Now to find out what else happens. Good night!


- OLD UPDATE

What else happens is that I woke up this morning, but the buddy wouldn't roll out of bed. Alittle starting fluid and it was going, but oh man the acceleration is killed. I'm waiting for a motorcycle shop to open up across the street. I can't get cell phone service here either. Nebraska has been hard, but Rob and Liz softened it right up for me.


- NEW UPDATE


Just really bad gasoline with too much water in it. The scooter is running like a champ.

1 comment:

  1. Ride on Jason. Buddy misses you, but he will enjoy sniffing all of your new scents when you get back.

    ReplyDelete